Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe from my mother's cookbook, but I do not know the origin of this recipe. This cheesecake is the best I have had and I've been told by one friend, it is better than their mom's.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine crumbs, 2 TBSP sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Press in a 10-inch spring form pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after addition.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°F.
- Beat sour cream on medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 TBSP sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla; beat 1 minutes longer.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 500°F for 5 to 8 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool to room temperature and chill 8 hours or over night.
- Once completely chilled, top with your favorite fruit, chocolate syrup, etc!
This was so good! I looked all over for a recipe that had the sour cream layer because that is my mom's favorite. I made it in a 13x9 pan since that's the way she always liked it. Turned out perfect and delicous! Thanks for posting. Gina :)