Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another easy way to use up the Bisquick! This is a quick meal that my kids gobbled up quickly!
- 1 1⁄3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Stir Bisquick mix, water, eggs and 1 cup of the cheese in medium bowl; spread in pan.
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in soup and vegetables; heat until hot. Spread over batter in pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Went together really quickly. I did use canned vegetables but will use frozen next time as specified in recipe. I used 2 cans of soup and am glad I did. Thanks for the recipe!
Very good, quick and easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. 5 stars though, simply because ALL 3 of my kids ate the veggies!!! I don't think that's ever happened before. It was a tiny bit on the dry side, so I think next time I'll add another can of soup, and I'll also double the Bisquick/water/egg mixture as it was really thin on the bottom and we'd like it more substantial. Thanks!