Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very good tart. I suggest "plumping" the raisins in some boiling water for a few minutes before adding them to the syrup mixture. Another interesting thought, is to "toast" the walnuts, before using.(Not required, but might be different.)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and stir in corn syrup,lemon juice, raisins, chopped nuts, nutmeg, salt and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Fill your "favourite" pastry shells 3/4 full.
- Bake on lowest rack for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, to cool.
- Remove from tart tray.
- Finish cooling on rack.
How about the nutmeg, salt and eggs??? While I knew what to do here and it worked out fine, someone new to making butter tarts might not know. I suggest that you correct the recipe instructions, it's a shame some people may pass these up for lack of instruction. The filling is especially delicious!! My DH loved them and I will make them again. I had some bought tart shells to use up so finished of the recipe in them. Both the bought tarts shells and the home made are great.