Recipe by carol ann in canada
Very good tart. I suggest "plumping" the raisins in some boiling water for a few minutes before adding them to the syrup mixture. Another interesting thought, is to "toast" the walnuts, before using.(Not required, but might be different.)
Top Review by Derf
How about the nutmeg, salt and eggs??? While I knew what to do here and it worked out fine, someone new to making butter tarts might not know. I suggest that you correct the recipe instructions, it's a shame some people may pass these up for lack of instruction. The filling is especially delicious!! My DH loved them and I will make them again. I had some bought tart shells to use up so finished of the recipe in them. Both the bought tarts shells and the home made are great.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and stir in corn syrup,lemon juice, raisins, chopped nuts, nutmeg, salt and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Fill your "favourite" pastry shells 3/4 full.
- Bake on lowest rack for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, to cool.
- Remove from tart tray.
- Finish cooling on rack.