Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "Betty Crocker's Chocolate Cookbook".
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted; cool slightly.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla and eggs in a 3 quart bowl on high speed 5 minutes.
- Beat in chocolate mixture on low speed.
- Add flour; beat just until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in greased 9x9x2" square pan.
- Bake just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into about 2" squares.
I made this recipe using White Chocolate. It was very good, but I would use less sugar next time as this was a little too sweet. (but I think it was from using the white choc)It was easy to make. My husband has had two pieces already. I will try and do it again in the proper size pan. I used an 8 x 8 and it took twice as long to bake, and was to thick. . But that was my own fault. Thanks for sharing Next time I will do as I was told and use unsweetened choc. lol