- 12 fat asparagus spears or 36 thin asparagus
- 12 slices white bread, buttered, crusts removed
- 100 g fresh raw salmon, boned and skinned and thinly sliced
- 12 slices meyer lemons (very thin slices)
- 1 lemon, extra
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Cover the right-hand third of each slice of bread with a layer of salmon then a slice of lemon.
- Place one fat or three thin asparagus spears on top and squeeze over a little lemon juice.
- Season with black pepper and roll up.