1/3 Photos of Deluxe Angel Food Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt until foamy on high speed in electric mixer.
- 2Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3Add 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 4Sift remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cake flour together.
- 5Gently fold sugar/flour mixture into egg whites, scraping down the sides of the bowl, turning over in direction of figure "8".
- 6Lightly spoon mixture into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- 7Bake at 375ºF for 30-35 minutes.
- 8Invert cake onto bottle to completely cool (generally takes 2 hours).
- 9Remove cake from pan by running a sharp knife around the sides and gently pressing on bottom to loosen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g