Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- to taste butter
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds.
- Cook, covered, in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Scoop pulp from shells.
- Cook pork until brown; stir in apple and pulp.
- cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and slat; mix w ell.
- Spoon into squash shells; dot with butter.
- Place shells in a shallow pan; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was so wonderful! My boyfriend is not a big squash eater and even he enjoyed it. It is so decadent and great for company. I will be making this again and again. Thank you!
This is SO GOOD. I used 2 small squash, Jimmy Dean pork breakfast sausage, and added raisins and chopped pecans to the mix. Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.