Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this snack mix for a Parent's Weekend get-together for my daughter's sorority and it was a hit. It's easy to make and you can substitute any of the snacks. I lined my pan with parchment paper and was glad I did! I put individual servings in fall goodie bags so that it was easy for guests to take their own bag. The recipe comes from a junior league cookbook.
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) boxritz peanut butter sandwich crackers
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (12 ounce) bagmini pretzel sticks or 1 (12 ounce) bag pretzel twists
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) packageregular M&M's
- Combine the crackers, peanuts, and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- Heat the sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cracker mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Bake at 250º for 45 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
- Remove to waxed paper to let cook completely.
- Add the M&M's.
- Break up mixture into small pieces if necessary.
This was very good. I had to put the mixture in the fridge as it cooled because it wasn't hardening .