Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 3 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
Make and share this Delta Country Beef Tips and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) sirloin tip roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons canola oil or 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 1⁄3 cups water, divided
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- hot cooked rice
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Toss the beef cubes with 1/3 cup of flour and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 T oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and cook 6 minutes, or until tender; drain on paper towels.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot.
- Add the beef and brown 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return the onions and bell peppers to the pot.
- Add 4 cups of the water, the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; partially cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour with the remaining water; stir until smooth; add to the beef mixture.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with fresh parsley.