Mary Scheffert's Note:
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. These bars are her favorite--I'd be in big trouble if these weren't on my Christmas cookie list every year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix pastry ingredients with fingers until smooth.
- 2Pat into an 8- or 9-inch pan.
- 3Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- 4While pastry is baking, combine the filling ingredients.
- 5Spread over partially baked pastry.
- 6Return pan to oven, and bake for another 25 minutes or until center is set.
- 7Cool; cut into squares.
- 8*NOTE: Recipe can be easily doubled & baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Del's Layer Bars
Serving Size: 1 (748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: