Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pie is delicious. I got the recipe from a friend in Jacksonville, Florida. I make it every year, when our family goes to the beach, and it never lasts very long.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (make sure it's Key lime, not regular lime juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- whipped cream, to garnish
- lime slice, to garnish
- Whisk egg yolks until blended, whisk in Key lime juice. Add condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, whisking until blended. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- If you want a pie with more filling, triple the filling ingredients, and divide evenly between graham cracker crusts.
Yum! Used fresh key lime juice which was so much better than bottled. Also fat-free sweetened condensed milk which works well. And vanilla was a nice addition. Garnished with some whipped cream, and we gobbled the pie down. Because this is so rich, a small serving is plenty. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is just the recipe we always use, without the added vanilla. It is fast and delicious. My kind of cooking! Thanks for posting.