Recipe by 1ginger
I like recipes from Irononline Archive. Gleaned recipe from recumbent-bikes-truth-for-you.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
I really liked these, and will continue to make them using a variety of dried fruit and nuts. I did make adjustments, based on the previous reviews and personal preference. I used 2/3 cup of vanilla whey protein powder and reduced the milk powder to 1 cup. Instead of pure maple syrup, I used ED Smith sugar free (sweetened with Splenda) maple type syrup, apple cider instead or orange juice, and craisins for the dried fruit. I added walnut pieces and generously sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on the bottom of the pan and on top of the bars before baking. Mine took 20-25 minutes to cook. Mine too were like thick chewy brownies, but next time I may use a larger pan so that the bars are not quite as thick, and then they will probably take less time to bake.
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 7 X 11 inch baking pan with waxed paper.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread onto pan, press cutting lines into make 10 pieces. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cut apart, then cool and wrap.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to two weeks.