Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a little different tasting but it is delicious. I use Crepes Recipes by mspecangirl # 108341, #55172 by love4culinary or #12955 by Lali - these are all very good and they can be made in advance & frozen so that you will be able to make these at once. If you prefer another crepe recipe by all means use it. Recipe originally courtesy of Emeril Lagasse - Television Food Network, 2003.
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 cup herbsaint liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in pcs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 lb brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 medium crepes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed & patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucpen, over medium heat, combine the shallots and Herbsaint.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture reduces by half.
- Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, a couple of pieces at a time.
- Season with Worcestershire and hot sauce (if using).
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and keep hot.
- Olace a couple slices each of the salmon and cheese over the bottom of each crepe.
- Roll each crepe up tightly.
- Place in a buttered casserole dish and bake for about 4-6 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Fry the spinach until crispy, about 1 minute.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate.
- Lay a couple of the crepes in the center of the sauce.
- Garnish with some of the fried spinach.