1/2 Photos of Delmonico's Puree of Portabella Mushroom Soup
A delicious creamy – yet non-dairy – soup! "This soup is satisfying, but light. It's great for weekend suppers with a salad or sandwich." --Barbara Hansen, LA Times Staff Writer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced leek
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, gills removed, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt together the olive oil and butter, then add the onion, celery, and leeks, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the cleaned and trimmed sliced portabellos, garlic, and thyme and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add the sherry and sauté until the liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Add the stock and increase temperature to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5Puree batches of soup in a well-covered blender, processing until smooth and all the soup has been made creamy.
- 6Return soup to saucepan and make sure it’s all heated through.
- 7Garnish servings with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
- 8Source: LA Times, Jan 26, 2005.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delmonico's Puree of Portabella Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: