Delmonico Steaks With Balsamic Onions and Steak Sauce
- Heat a heavy grill pan or griddle pan over high heat; wipe pan with olive oil.
- Cook steaks 4 minutes on each side for medium, 7-8 minutes for medium-well.
- Season with steak seasoning and remove to a warm platter.
- Make the onions: heat a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in oil and sliced yellow onions; cook/stir 10-12 minutes, until onions are soft and sweet.
- Add in balsamic vinegar and turn onions until vinegar cooks away and glazes onions a deep brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Make the steak sauce: heat a small saucepan over medium heat; add in oil, garlic, and white onions; saute 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add in sherry; stir to combine; stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire; season with pepper.
- To serve: top steaks with onions and drizzle a little steak sauce down over the top, reserving half to pass at the table.