Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Clipped and stored in my files. I love finding recipes like this that are timeless. There are hard boiled eggs and cooked bacon as ingredients - It may, or may not, be a no-cook depending upon what you have! This will take more time if you need to cook bacon and/or hard boil the egg.
- 2 heads bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Tabasco sauce, to taste, few drops
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- Wash lettuce leaves and dry well using paper towels or salad spinner so that there is no water or moisture left to dilute dressing.
- Wrap leaves in a dry paper towel and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the dressing, put the oil, vinegar, cream and cheese in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Reserve a bit of chopped egg and bacon for garnish and add the rest to the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce in a bowl and add the dressing before serving and garnish with the egg and bacon.
- Serve immediately.