Can you say GARLIC?? Don't fear, when you pan roast the garlic in olive oil you get this wonderfully sweet mellow flavor... then you have this bonus of roasted garlic olive oil to use later! I got this idea from Michael Chiarello on the food network but have made it my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Starting in a cold pan, add peeled garlic cloves and oil. Slowly bring the temperature of the oil up to medium low (do not jack up the heat, gentle roasting in oil is the goal).
- 2Stir garlic once or twice to ensure even browning. When all the cloves are evenly golden, remove them from the oil (You can re-use the oil in cooking other dishes).
- 3Smash garlic and the salt with the back of a fork until a paste forms. (there should be a few small pieces left) Add rosemary to garlic paste and mash that in as well.
- 4Preheat grill to high.
- 5Smear the remaining olive oil over the steaks and massage in the salt and pepper.
- 6Grill steaks approximately 3 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and coat with the garlic paste, then press parmesan cheese into the garlic paste.
- 7Return to the grill for about 1-1/2 minutes per side again, to finish cooking meat to Med/Med-Rare and brown the parmesan crust.
- 8Allow meat to rest about 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delmonico (Rib Eye) Steaks W/ Parmesan Crust
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.5
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 584.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks