Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is worth the effort people! Go to your local fish market and get the lump crabmeat from jumbo crabs and handle as little as possible.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1 lb blue lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker
- lemon wedge, for serving
- In a med. skillet, melt the butter over med. low heat. Add the onion and clery and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, baking soda, Old Bay, parsley, capers, black pepper and cayenne. Add the cooled onion and celery and the crabmeat and toss gently but thoroughly to combine.
- Preheat oven to 450 and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the crab mixture into 12 mounds. Dust your hands liberally with the cracker crumbs and shape the mounds of crab into 2 1/2inch patties. Thoroughly coat the patties with crumbs and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake the crab cakes in the middle of the oven for 20 mins, turning once, until golden all over.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.