Recipe by grandma2969
we cut these out into small gingerbread, teddy bear shapes etc..
Top Review by Michelle_My_Belle
Please do not put raisins or grapes into any dog food or treat. Even one can cause liver faliure. Sources: http://www.treshanley.com/cic/dangerousfoods.html http://www.doghavenagility.com/foods_dogs_should_not_eat.htm http://www.starbreezes.com/11/foodsafe.html http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup bacon grease
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease a baking sheet, or cover with parchment paper and set aside. I normally use teflon baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the molasses, honey, water and oil, (or room temperature grease).
- In another bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and chopped raisins.
- Stir dry ingredients into the molasses mixture until well blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead and roll out the dough to 1/4" thick.,then cut out desired shapes.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and then in a sealed container.