Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I followed the diet "Fit for Life" by Harvey Diamond. It was a great diet that worked with the science of individuals' bodies. The diet suggested only eating fruit until noon...so that's what I did. For over 3 months I was absolutely amazed with the results and energy I recieved from following it. Life, however got busy....that's when my mom and I came up with this recipe. It's easy to make and you definitely get all your servings of fruit in one easy way to consume it...not to mention how DELISHOUS it is!!!!!!
- 1⁄4 raw oats
- pomegranate-cranberry juice
- 1 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 0.75 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries or 0.75 (12 ounce) bagother frozen fruit
- honey (to taste)
- Put raw oats into bottom of blender. Add just enough juice to cover oats. Blend on low until oats are completely broken down.
- Add the vanilla yogurt and blend on medium until blended.
- Add frozen rasperries or other desired fruit and blend on high. (You may want to add more juice to this step, depending on how easily the fruit will blend into the previous mixture.) You may add more frozen fruit if it isn't thick enough or more vanilla yogurt to make the smoothie a little more creamy.
- Add honey to taste and Enjoy!
Yet another GREAT TASTING smoothie down the hatch! I really appreciated the addition of the oats (something I often do in place of the typical banana)! Left out the honey, 'cause I was most happy with the result! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]
This was great! It was easy to make and very healthy with a great taste. I did add a little more yogurt to make it a little smoothier and I did add the honey as we used very tart frozen raspberries. Also, doubled the oaks. Will make again.