Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is super easy and super yummy, everyone, even the kids loved this ! We have lovely pineapple from Hawaii really cheap in the store now, so what a different way to prepare for your next BBQ!
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.78 ml dark brown sugar
- 1 pineapple, cut into 6, 1 inch wedge slices
- vegetable oil, for coating the grill
- In a small bowl mix the salt, chile powder, and brown sugar. Sprinkle over both sides of the pineapple slices.
- Place pineapple slices onto a preheated, oiled grill or grill pan on high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the pineapple has softened and the sugar has caramelized on the edges.
We had mixed reviews on this, but the good news is....most of us loved it. Quick, easy, simple and a great way to serve pineapple with a little different twist on things.
We really liked this kiwi! and we will make it again. Nex time I may not use as much cayenne. I think my cayenne is a bit hotter than I realized and it was a bit too hot for us. Overall a great summer bbq recipe!!