Recipe by GirlyJu
Adapted from a friend's recipe, these were the best chicken strips EVER. We like to serve with homemade honey mustard, buffalo wing sauce or gravy, depending on our mood. Enjoy! *prep time does not include marinade time*
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this for mine and SO's dinner on 7/6/09. The recipe was made as written, but after tasting we both thought it had no flavor at all. But thanks for taking the time to post this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chicken in buttermilk several hours or over night.
- Drain off buttermilk into a dipping container and whisk in eggs.
- Coat chicken with half of each of the seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne.
- In another dipping container mix crackers and flour along with remaining seasonings.
- Next, dip the breast into dry then wet, then back into dry again.
- Shallow fry in batches of peanut oil heated to 350 in a cast iron skillet until golden brown, about 8-10 min per side.