Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe features 12 different kinds of peppers, including 9 varieties of hot peppers. It's mad, wicked good, but not for the faint of heart. It's extra hot and spicy, just the way I like it! It can be served over macaroni or pasta, or simply eaten by itself
- 1 (20 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 small yellow onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 8 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 5 orange habanero chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 cherry peppers, finely chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, finely chopped
- 4 red cayenne bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 green cayenne bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cola
- ground red pepper
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place the ground beef and sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until crumbly and evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place the ground beef, sausage, tomatoes, kidney beans, chili beans, black beans, black-eyed peas and cola in a large, heavy pot, and simmer over medium heat.
- Place the red , yellow and green bell peppers, yellow and red onions, and garlic on top of the bean and meat mixture. Cover and steam for at least 15-20 minutes, then stir inches.
- Stir in the jalapeno, chipotle, serrano, habanero, banana, cherry, Anaheim, and cayenne peppers.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and taco seasoning, and desired amount of salt, black pepper ground red pepper. Cover, and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 hours.