Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From an episode of 'Throwdown With Bobby Flay'
- 907.18 g elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 236.59 ml cubed Velveeta cheese
- 226.79 g butter, melted
- 1419.54 ml half-and-half, divided
- 946.36 ml grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese, divided
- 473.18 ml grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml grated asiago cheese
- 236.59 ml grated gruyere
- 236.59 ml grated monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml grated muenster cheese
- 0.59 ml salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the Velveeta, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half to the large bowl of eggs. Add the warm macaroni tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow Cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined in the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dishes (approximately 3 (3-quart) baking dishes) and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more.