Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just as the title says; Delightful. From Taste of Home.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine (about 15 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar and cream of tartar; beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in crumbs, coconut and pecans.
- Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream, gelatin and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in strawberries; pour into shell.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Terrific summer dessert.
Thank you for sharing here, I will make again