Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another Gluten Free recipe from Phiadelphia Cheese. Again I have not made this yet, but next time I am at my son's GFree Gfriend's,............... I am so making this and taking it.
- 1 cup rice, flakes
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 250 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 750 g cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- Combine the rice flakes, butter, sugar and almonds. Press into the base of a 22cm lined spring-form pan and bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes, and allow to cool.
- Toss together the strawberries, vinegar and icing sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the strawberries, reserving the liquid.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice and almond meal. Pour over the prepared crust, top with sliced strawberries and bake at 160ºC for 50 minutes. Allow to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Heat reserved liquid over a low heat in a small saucepan until reduced by half. Brush syrup over cooled cheesecake.