Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a nice way to celebrate the classic peach melba flavor combination of peaches, raspberries and vanilla. This dessert is made up of an angel food dessert cup filled with warm raspberry sauce, dolloped with vanilla ice cream and topped with a warm peach sauce. A flavor adventure for your tastebuds!
- 4 angel food cake, dessert cups (or shortcake cups)
- 4 peaches, medium-sized, skinned, pitted, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (4 scoops)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, 1/4 cup water, cornstarch and sugar. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine raspberry preserves and water. Whisk together over heat for 5-10 minutes or until mixture melts together and becomes smooth in texture. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble each dessert: Place angel food dessert cup in a serving dish, spoon a little warm raspberry mixture into center, place one scoop of ice cream atop raspberry mixture and top with of warm peach mixture.