Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
this is great any time of the year...pour salad dressing over just before serving.. prep time includes chilling time for salad dressing
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, chilled
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- toss with remaining ingredients.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and chill well.
- shake before pouring over salad.
- .I sometimes use cider vinegar.other times I have used raspberry flavored vinegars --
- Mix salad and dressing just prior to serving.