Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This recipe comes from the Dr. Cookie cookbook which turns original recipes into great-tasting healthier ones. These cranberry muffins are especially tasty.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries, halved or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen cranberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat a 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat the egg, sugar and margarine with an electric mixer set on medium until smooth.
- Add the orange juice and orange peel and beat again.
- Mix the flour and cranberries into the batter by hand just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups so that each is about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes our until the muffins are lightly browned, puff up and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin set on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and eat them warm or let them cool completely on wire rack.