Recipe by Charlotte J
Cook time is the chill time for this sugar free mousse. This uses the large 8 serving size box of jello. 12/3/08 I'm editing this recipe to take away 1 1/4 cups of liquid since there has been problems with the amounts used.
Top Review by iCAnCOoK!
I don't know what I did wrong! The whip topping separated from the jello, and the remaining jello didn't set at all, in keeping with a consistency of egg whites. If I made it again, I wouldn't add the ice to the apple juice, and allow more time to set.
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water (was 1 1/2 c)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free lemon Jell-O powder
- 2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cold apple juice (was 1 c)
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed pureed in blender
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water into gelatin and lemon peel in bowl until completely dissolved.
- Mix apple juice and ice to measure 1 cup (was 1 3/4 c).
- Stir into gelatin until slightly thickened.
- Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk.
- Pour half of the raspberry sauce into dessert dishes, top with mousse, finish with remaining sauce.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Note: I reduced the amounts of liquid after problems with this recipe.