Recipe by puppitypup
Big on flavor, low on guilt. Who says you have to sacrifice to eat right?
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yummy! Little Miss (DD) wanted pancakes this morning so I made her these and they were great! I had to substitute cream of wheat to semolina flour and it worked well. I added more flour then whole wheat flour because I only had 1/4 left. Served them with Maple Syrup and Recipe #310185. Thank you semolina flour - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml cream of wheat, dry
- 14.79 ml instant malted milk powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml honey
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle to medium or just a little hotter, depending on your griddle.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Place milk, egg, vanilla and honey in blender and process.
- Add dry ingredients to blender and process.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and pour batter onto griddle to make pancakes.
- Sprinkle each pancake with 1 T pecans.
- When first side done, flip and cook second side 'til done.
- Serve with fresh fruit or syrup.
- LEFTOVERS TIP: Either store leftover batter in fridge tightly covered for a day or two or put leftover pancakes in freezer with saran wrap or wax paper between each one. Then pop into the toaster for a quick weekday breakfast.