Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was served this dressing (stuffing) at Thanksgiving and it was love at first sight! The hostess was kind enough to send us home with leftovers, and my husband and I spent days delighting in it. It will now be my staple dressing! Another to-die-for recipe from Jan!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onion and celery and cook over med-to-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, corn, green chiles, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Add cornbread crumbs and pecans, tossing until crumbs are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins, or until heated thru.