Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was without an oven for almost two years. I learned to cook a lot of items in the microwave (and on the grill). Here is a delightful cod dinner.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Place the cod fillets in a shallow microwave-safe dish.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, water, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil and salt and spoon over cod.
- Sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This was easy and delicious - made it with Tilapia and it was great! As suggested by one of the reviewers, I made some additional sauce and used it on the rice.
Absolutely delicious. I've also made just the sauce and served it on rice. Yummy.
This is a very simple way to prepare fish. The tomato, onion sauce really makes the fish, without it the fish could get dry in the microwave. Made for ZWT5