1/2 Photos of Delightful Coconut Beef Curry With Chinese Snow Peas
5 hrs 15 mins
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
You are going to love this dish. Guaranteed winner! Really simple to make using the slow cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless tri-tip steak, cut into 1 inch chucks
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chucks
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 strips
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, peeled
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium bowl, mix flour, curry powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes and red pepper. Add beef; toss to coat.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add coated beef to skillet and brown all sides of meat, turning constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- 4In a slow cooker, add coconut milk, potatoes, bell pepper and onion soup mix. With a slotted spoon, transfer cooked beef to slow cooker. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- 5If you want the carrots to be very soft, add them at this time. If you prefer crisper carrots, wait until 1 hour of cooking time remains and then add the carrots.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours until the mixture is bubbling.
- 7In a sauté pan, heat oil. Add snow peas and toss for one minute. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook until crispy.
- 8To serve, place beef curry on top of rice and spoon with sauce. Place snow peas on top of plate.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delightful Coconut Beef Curry With Chinese Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 378.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: