2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This casserole is heavenly! It has the most wonderful flavor! This one is best if you cook the chicken, rather than buy pre-cooked chicken or use leftovers, because you cook the rice in the broth, which is the secret to the delicious flavor. I got this recipe off of another site and everyone that I have served it to just loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chicken breast halves
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 oz
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cooking white wine
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, 16 oz,drained
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 (340.19 g) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1Mix water, onion, celery, wine, salt, and curry powder in large saucepan.
- 2Add chicken breasts.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Turn down heat and simmer for one hour.
- 5Remove from heat and strain.
- 6Reserve broth.
- 7Place chicken in fridge to cool.
- 8Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 9Prepare the rice according to package directions, replacing water with reserved broth.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Mix chicken, mushrooms, and rice in bowl.
- 12Blend in soup and sour cream.
- 13Mix well.
- 14Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 15Spoon mixture into dish.
- 16Cook for one hour.
- 17NOTE: If mixture is chilled before cooking, allow to stand at room temp for 30 mins before baking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delightful Chicken, Mushroom, and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.3
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 701.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend