Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 25 mins
This casserole is heavenly! It has the most wonderful flavor! This one is best if you cook the chicken, rather than buy pre-cooked chicken or use leftovers, because you cook the rice in the broth, which is the secret to the delicious flavor. I got this recipe off of another site and everyone that I have served it to just loves it!
- Mix water, onion, celery, wine, salt, and curry powder in large saucepan.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for one hour.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Reserve broth.
- Place chicken in fridge to cool.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions, replacing water with reserved broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chicken, mushrooms, and rice in bowl.
- Blend in soup and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon mixture into dish.
- Cook for one hour.
- NOTE: If mixture is chilled before cooking, allow to stand at room temp for 30 mins before baking.