Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an amazing cheesecake that my boyfriend's mom makes every year! it never lasts cause its so yummy!
- 20 -40 cinnamon graham crackers (this depends on how thick you like your crust)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place graham crackers little by little into food processor or blender until they are crumbs.
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs little by little until crumbs become firm.
- Use a little left over butter on 9" pie pan to make sure crust doesn't stick.
- Add crumbs to pan and firmly press into the shape of the pan. Make sure the edges of pan have crust.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes depending how crispy you want the crust.
- Meanwhile, put cream cheese and eggs in blender. Blend.
- Once creamy and mixed, add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Blend again until well mixed and creamy.
- Pour mixture into crust. Make sure edges are not fully covered by mixture.
- Place cheesecake back in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cheesecake is done, let cool. Once cool, add the cherry pie filling as topping to the cheesecake! I would suggest putting in the fridge for a few hours cause it tastes even better cold (thanks Brooke!) And try not to eat the whole thing! ;).
This was very good. But I think the directions could have been clearer. I guessed at the graham cracker amount and that didn't get my crust quite to the top of the filling and I didn't know how to tell if it was done or not and I think it ended up a bit overdone. It really MUST be made the day before since even after 2 1/2 hours in the fridge the interior was still lukewarm. Mixing everything up in the blender simplified things tremendously since I would have been reluctant to soften my cream cheese too thoroughly on an afternoon when it broke 80.
A nice quick recipe to make that was pretty much foolproof, turned out lovely! Thanks!
First I have to confess that I have NEVER baked a cheesecake before. This recipe was so easy that it made my first time an absolute success! I could not have been happier with the outcome! I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk, reduced-fat cream cheese and light cherry pie filling and it turned out perfectly. What a gem! The entire family enjoyed this yesterday and it tasted tons better today - I don't think it was chilled thoroughly yesterday (cooled on the counter for an hour, then in the fridge for another 45 min)... and I just wasn't patient enough, so we dug in! Next time (and there will be many more), I'll let it chill longer, the colder, the better. Made for PAC Spring 2008