Recipe by MeliBug
This is an amazing cheesecake that my boyfriend's mom makes every year! it never lasts cause its so yummy!
Top Review by 3KillerBs
This was very good. But I think the directions could have been clearer. I guessed at the graham cracker amount and that didn't get my crust quite to the top of the filling and I didn't know how to tell if it was done or not and I think it ended up a bit overdone. It really MUST be made the day before since even after 2 1/2 hours in the fridge the interior was still lukewarm. Mixing everything up in the blender simplified things tremendously since I would have been reluctant to soften my cream cheese too thoroughly on an afternoon when it broke 80.
- 20 -40 cinnamon graham crackers (this depends on how thick you like your crust)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place graham crackers little by little into food processor or blender until they are crumbs.
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs little by little until crumbs become firm.
- Use a little left over butter on 9" pie pan to make sure crust doesn't stick.
- Add crumbs to pan and firmly press into the shape of the pan. Make sure the edges of pan have crust.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes depending how crispy you want the crust.
- Meanwhile, put cream cheese and eggs in blender. Blend.
- Once creamy and mixed, add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Blend again until well mixed and creamy.
- Pour mixture into crust. Make sure edges are not fully covered by mixture.
- Place cheesecake back in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cheesecake is done, let cool. Once cool, add the cherry pie filling as topping to the cheesecake! I would suggest putting in the fridge for a few hours cause it tastes even better cold (thanks Brooke!) And try not to eat the whole thing! ;).