Recipe by Cyberchef
I tried these at a potluck then got the recipe from a co-worker's wife. Not your average "bush's style" baked beans. The ingredients are not common but they taste just like baked beans and are delightfully delicious with only five ingredients. Can be baked, made in a cockpot, or made on the stovetop. Posting this so I don't loose it, but try them and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans (Randall's)
- 1 lb brown sugar (or less)
- 32 ounces stewed tomatoes (can use home-canned)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onions until completely cooked. Drain fat.
- Combine northern beans, tomatoes, and brown sugar (to taste) in a baking dish, crockpot, or large pot.
- Add beef and onions to beans and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Oven: bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 3 hours.
- Crockpot: cook uncovered on high for at least 2 hours stirring occasionally until desired thickness.
- Stovetop: bring to boil over med. heat, then reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until desired thickness.