Prep 0 mins
Cook 17 mins
My son made these for our county fair and won a blue ribbon. They are very easy to make and delicious!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners (or grease with cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Blend in cinnamon, allspice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately add ina half a cup of applesauce, one cup of flour, remaining applesauce, and remaining flour.
- Stir just until blended together.
- Pour batter into mini muffin cups 2/3's of the way full.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 17 to 20 minutes.
easy, nice flavor and the house smells yummy for hours after baking :) I made a batch with strictly A/P flour and one with a 2:1 mix of A/P and whole wheat. This is a keeper for us.
I just made these for my boys' after school snack. They loved them! (So did I.) Very moist and fluffy. Good flavour with just enough spice.
These muffins are very moist. My husband and I loved them. I used 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour. I think this makes it a little more nutritional.