Recipe by Sassy Red Chef
This recipe if so simple, it calls for fivegranny smith apples, it takes a very short time to cook, and I use refrigerator crust that works very well and makes great outcomes.
- 2 pre-made pie crust sticks
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- one small bowl egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 425.
- Begin to grease a tart or pie plate 9 inches, I used canola spray. Lay flat the dough with sides sticking up. In the meantime, allow sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter to mix well with apple slices in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently.
- Next, place apple slices geometrically in a spiral, outer and inner circle, and continue in a spiral going up the pie. If you don't have time, just dump into pie crust. Take remaining dough, place over the top, press with matching edges, fold over, and begin to pinch with fingers. Insert marks in the top, I chose to make four, you can be creative as you like. Last, place a small amount of egg wash to give your crust a shiny gloss, then place in oven for about twenty-five minutes or until the crust has some light brown marks. Cook longer if apples need more tenderness. Serves well with ice cream or whipped cream.