Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good--take this to a family get together and you are stuck bringing it every time for the rest of your life.
- 1⁄2-1 cup oleo
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- coconut (optional)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- First Layer: Cream oleo, flour and nuts together; pat and spread in a 9x12-inch pan.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes and then cool.
- Second Layer: Mix Cool Whip, powdered sugar and cream cheese well; spread over first layer and then sprinkle generously with coconut (if desired).
- Third Layer: Mix and beat milk and chocolate pudding until thick; spread over second layer.
- Fourth Layer: Use rest of Cool Whip and spread over top; sprinkle with coconut (if desired).
- Cut into squares to serve; sprinkle with nuts.
- Yum, yum.
This recipe is a regular feature on the menu rotation in the assisted living facility for the elderly where I work. Golden Agers can be so fussy and picky about their meals(partly because they have given up so much control over their lives just to live in a facility like this one--JMHO)but this is always a favorite---even the ladies who normally do not eat dessert(watching their figures, you know)have to have "just a little piece"! Many of our residents have asked for the recipe to give to family members. I've also taken this to several potlucks and come home with an empty serving dish! Thanks Darlene--this is a big winner!
this was so not good. it tasted super cheap and like something you would throw together. what is the point of the oleo, with the cool whip and crea cheese etc, just use plain butter, jeez