Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Light, fluffy, and delicous. Great for weekend mornings. Really easy to make and will please the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place butter in a 10'' round baking dish.
- Place dish in oven to melt butter.
- Place milk in blender.
- Add in flour.
- Process on blend for 30 seconds.
- Crack 2 eggs in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove dish from oven and pour in the mixture.
- Place back in oven immediatley for 12-15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
I tried this a few weeks ago and have made it twice now. I didn't expect this to be as wonderful as it was. It puffed up so beautifully and the taste reminded me of french toast but without the bread (if you can imagine that). I buttered it and drizzled it with maple syrup and loved every bite! Thanks!
Love this great recipe! So quick and easy to make, and it puffed up so high :) Topped with warmed applesauce mixed with just a little maple syrup for a tasty breakfast treat - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Nif
I can't believe how quickly this cooks up and how so few ingredients can make such a great dish! This is so good! I left the butter in the oven for a tad too long so it browned but it didn't ruin the taste at all. I made this in a silicone cake pan and topped with raspberries, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of icing sugar. I think that this would also be good with savoury toppings as well. Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks debiasio1089! :)