Recipe by cieradanielle
DH hates pork chops. But he LOVES these. They are so incredibly moist and tender, and who doesnt love a creamy sauce?? Even my picky kids love these because they're smothered in a creamy sauce! The cooking time is so long because the chops simmer for an hour. They're well worth the wait though! Serve these over a pound of egg noodles and enjoy!!!!
Top Review by digsblues
Wow! Fantastic pork chops!<br/><br/>I made this today because my family doesn't really like pork chops. But I bought some on sale at the store. <br/><br/>This was EASY, and delicious. I served them with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a salad.<br/>It was a huge hit, with picky eater kids asking for seconds, and grown-ups being impressed. <br/><br/>Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper!
- 6 pork chops
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken bouillon (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the excess fat from chops. Sprinkle them with salt & pepper and pat it into the meat.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter until soft and golden.
- Add chops to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- Once browned, lower the heat and add bay leaves and bouillon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for an hour or more.
- Transfer chops to a plate, and remove bay leaves from pan.
- Reduce juices in pan to half by boiling over high heat.
- Add the sour cream and paprika to pan, and blend with juices until creamy sauce is formed.
- Return chops to skillet and smother in sauce. Enjoy!