Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
DH hates pork chops. But he LOVES these. They are so incredibly moist and tender, and who doesnt love a creamy sauce?? Even my picky kids love these because they're smothered in a creamy sauce! The cooking time is so long because the chops simmer for an hour. They're well worth the wait though! Serve these over a pound of egg noodles and enjoy!!!!
- Trim the excess fat from chops. Sprinkle them with salt & pepper and pat it into the meat.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter until soft and golden.
- Add chops to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- Once browned, lower the heat and add bay leaves and bouillon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for an hour or more.
- Transfer chops to a plate, and remove bay leaves from pan.
- Reduce juices in pan to half by boiling over high heat.
- Add the sour cream and paprika to pan, and blend with juices until creamy sauce is formed.
- Return chops to skillet and smother in sauce. Enjoy!
Wow! Fantastic pork chops!<br/><br/>I made this today because my family doesn't really like pork chops. But I bought some on sale at the store. <br/><br/>This was EASY, and delicious. I served them with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a salad.<br/>It was a huge hit, with picky eater kids asking for seconds, and grown-ups being impressed. <br/><br/>Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper!
I can't remember ever making a recipe like this one, & my pork chops are usually not this 'fancy' but I made them when my other half had a friend for dinner! Both loved the chops, & I must admit that I enjoyed the wonderful flavor the sauce imparted! A nice change from pairing them with applesauce, although I do love my homemade applesauce, too! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]