Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet magazine, June 1993
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan whisk together the zest, the lemon juice, the sugar, and the eggs; whisk in 1 cup of the half-and-half and the vanilla, and cook the mixture over moderately high heat, whisking constantly, until it just comes to a simmer.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on the zest, and chill it, covered with plastic wrap, until it is cold.
- Whisk in the remaining 1 cup half-and-half and freeze the mixture in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
This ice cream tastes like lemon pie. So yummy. Thanks Swissms :) Made for 123 hit wonders
7 year old DS chose this recipe by himself, and he and DH made tonight's dinner. This was easy to make, and very creamy. Not as tart as we expected, but very delicious. Thanks for posting!