Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the "Words Worth Eating" cookbook. It is a simple and delicious way to cook fresh corn.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked cut corn (4 ears white corn)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- Boil fresh corn until JUST done.
- Let cool.
- Cut kernals off cob.
- Saute corn in melted butter for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and cream.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Do not overcook!
- Overcooking is about the worst thing you can do to this dish!
This is HEAVEN!!!! Our local produce market had a new batch of fresh sweet corn come in and this certainly was the recipe to use!!! I followed your instructions exactly and didn't change a thing. PERFECT! Thank you so much for sharing this, MrsEl. :-)
Lovely recipe, easy to make and yummy to eat! I made just as directed. Thanks so much!
We LOVE this recipe! I have been making this recipe for my family for years - every Thanksgiving for sure. Thanks so much for sharing. If you cannot get a hold of some good fresh corn, we've made it with frozen corn and it tastes very yummy as well.