Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my DH's favorite recipe, and I love it because it's so simple to make! This is especially good on a cold night after a long day at work when you want some warm comfort food but don't have the time or energy to put a lot into preparation. **I wasn't happy with the consistency of the filling, so I played around with the recipe a few times. I think I've finally got it just how I like it and have edited the recipe to reflect the changes.**
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (top & bottom)
- 1 (10 ounce) can white meat chicken, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Allow pie crusts to sit at room temperature 15-20 minutes.
- (Or microwave on defrost 1 min) Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bottom pie crust in 8-9" pie pan.
- Stir chicken, vegetables and soup until mixed well.
- Spread evenly into pie shell.
- Cover with top pie crust and flute the edges or pinch together with a fork to connect top and bottom crusts.
- Poke small hole in center of top crust and make four 1/2" slits, evenly spaced.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is warmed through
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
This was good and easy to make. I only added one can of mixed vegetables but followed the rest of the recipe as written. I knew it would need some spices for my family so I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and garlic powder. This made it better for my family but next time I would cut back on the salt. I cooked mine for 35 minutes and it was perfect.
Made this recipe for dinner this evening. The only changes I made were that I used leftover baked chicken from yesterday's dinner and I only used one can of mixed vegetables. This was super easy to make and tasted delicious. Very filling! I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!
When my husband found out that I was making "homemade" chicken pot pie he was excited - which made me nervous about how this recipe would turn out. It didn't disappoint! He said it was AWESOME! I added 1/8 tsp each of onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder. Next time I may try adding actual onions and garlic instead of the powders. Thanks for a keeper!