Recipe by Soup Fly *
This is my DH's favorite recipe, and I love it because it's so simple to make! This is especially good on a cold night after a long day at work when you want some warm comfort food but don't have the time or energy to put a lot into preparation. **I wasn't happy with the consistency of the filling, so I played around with the recipe a few times. I think I've finally got it just how I like it and have edited the recipe to reflect the changes.**
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I only added one can of mixed vegetables but followed the rest of the recipe as written. I knew it would need some spices for my family so I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and garlic powder. This made it better for my family but next time I would cut back on the salt. I cooked mine for 35 minutes and it was perfect.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (top & bottom)
- 1 (10 ounce) can white meat chicken, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow pie crusts to sit at room temperature 15-20 minutes.
- (Or microwave on defrost 1 min) Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bottom pie crust in 8-9" pie pan.
- Stir chicken, vegetables and soup until mixed well.
- Spread evenly into pie shell.
- Cover with top pie crust and flute the edges or pinch together with a fork to connect top and bottom crusts.
- Poke small hole in center of top crust and make four 1/2" slits, evenly spaced.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is warmed through
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.