Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
IT DOESN'T GET EASIER THAN THIS .... Follow these quick and simple steps, and enjoy this tender, delicious roast that serves 12 hungy appetites.
- 4 lbs round tip roast
- Italian dressing (1 bottle)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash roast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour dressing into a gallon size zip-lock plastic bag. Add roast and refrigerate for a few hours (preferrably overnight).
- Remove roast from plastic bag, make several shallow slits in top of roast. Place prepared roast into your crock-pot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl; pour over roast.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. (HIGH = 4 to 5 hours).
- COOK'S TIP: To complete this meal, in last hour add small red potatoes (halved), mushrooms (halved) and carrots (diced). Sauce can be thickened with 2 tablespoons flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water.
- COOK'S TIP: For leftovers, add tomatoes, corn, celery, green beans, etc. Add a gravy mix and you have a tasty stew or soup.